Yuri “theNERDguy” Martins took down a star-studded final table in the High Roller Club this weekend, “Gambler4444” claimed their second ever Sunday Million win, and “Scarmak3r” from Croatia accomplished a rare and impressive feat by winning the same weekly major for the second week running.
Check out the highlights from the weekend:
“Gambler4444” wins Sunday Million for second time
Winning the Sunday Million once in a lifetime is a true accomplishment (and stroke of fortune) for any player. To win it twice is almost unheard of. “Gambler4444” became one of only a handful of two-timers when he outlasted the field in this weekend’s event.
Gambler4444’s first time was back in 2012. Back then the buy-in was $215, and the top prize on that particular occasion was $158,932. A huge win, but not the player’s biggest. That came in the 2016 $5k WCOOP Main Event, which Gambler4444 won for a life-changing $579,976.
Not a bad run. And these were only the biggest wins on Gambler4444’s poker resume. Their Sunday Million first place at the weekend adds a further $107,028 to their total, as well as supreme bragging rights. Congrats!
Yuri “theNERDguy” Martins Wins HRC Supersonic
The High Roller Club is where all biggest names in online poker get their weekly hit of nosebleed stakes action.
“zufo16” from Croatia picked up one of the biggest wins of the weekend in the $1,050 Sunday HR. The 2020 SCOOP champ and WSOP Mini Main Event winner has over $2.2 million to their name. Zufo16 made a heads-up deal with top UK pro “Aggro Santos”, a player with over $6.7 million in online cashes. Aggro Santos took $41,506 for second, with Zufo16 scoring $43,087 for locking up first place.
In the turbo format $215 Fat Sunday, “kzhh” from Hungary came first for $19k. Kzhh’s results are well hidden, but we do know that they have had big results in the High Roller Club before, as well as a $176k Sunday Million win.
Brazilian pro Yuri “theNERDguy” Martins, who won an incredible three WCOOP titles this year, and who is currently fifth place in the Pocket Fives rankings, continued to show dominance at the tables. He outlasted a final table that included Conor “1_conor_b_1” Beresford, as well as second place Joao “naza114” Vieira. Martins won $21,386 for first, bringing him just a touch shy of $7.8 million in online lifetime winnings.
Best of the rest!
The usual Sunday majors ran alongside the Bounty Builder series, bringing plenty of memorable action. Here are the highlights:
- Last weekend, “Scarmak3r” from Slovenia won the Half Price Sunday Kickoff for $21,559. The Slovenian player, who has $1.8 million to their name, including a single $1.3 million win, has proven that it was no fluke. Scarmak3r came first in the very same event this weekend (albeit a full price Kickoff), earning $11,260 for first.
- “pinguinho” from Brazil and GamadGADOL from Malta made a heads-up deal in the $215 Sunday Warm-up, with pinguinho coming first for $16,936.
- “whatisaying” from the UK and “gui.hrimbano” from Brazil made a deal in the $22 Mini Sunday Million. Whatisayin took less from the deal, but then secured first place for a total of $11,451. Despite finishing second, gui.hrimbano took $13,428 for their effort, adding to a run of low stakes MTT results.
- In the Sunday Cooldown, “thaleskoppe” from Brazil earned the top prize of $11,329, also accumulating $10,160 in bounties for a total of $21,489. Thaleskoppe has a steady stream of MTT wins dating back nearly eight years and to the total of over $1.7 million.
- Fedor “CrownUpGuy” Holz made the final table of the $215 Sunday Supersonic before crashing out in sixth place. “newguy89” from Canada claimed first for $16,465. With a name like that, we wouldn’t blame you for being curious about newguy’s credentials. Hint: they’re not so new. Although they’ve never had a COOP title, newguy89’s consistency in MTTs has earned them nearly $2.6 million in total online winnings.
Bounty Builder Series
The Bounty Builder Series started on Sunday, with fourteen of the fifteen tourneys that ran on the opening day already reaching their conclusion. Among the big winners were Vlad “dariepoker” Darie, “Luciano S.H” and Ole “wizowizo” Schemion.
You can check out the full highlights from the Bounty Builder Series here.