This weekend, the action heated up in the Summer Series, some of the world’s top ranked online poker pros prevailed in the High Roller Club, and UK player “Jamie_KK” took down the same tournament for the second week in a row. It’s time for the Weekend Action Report…
Summer Series dominated the schedule this weekend, with 12 games on Saturday and 14 on Sunday.
“Maty25” came fist in event #62, the $109 Afternoon Deepstack. They showed endurance until the end in the two-day event, earning $30,553 for their efforts. Russian player “StWiNNeR26Ru” scored the biggest Summer Series win of Saturday, and the biggest win of their online poker career, earning $44,811 for first place in event #64.
In last week’s Friday Poker Buzz post, we recommended five games for Sunday for low stakes players who wanted to maximize their buy-ins in the Summer Series. Here are the results of those tournaments:
- #74: $55 PKO Mini Bounty Builder, $250k gtd – “Nefertiti11” from Georgia came first, earning $18,900 and a further $8,811 in bounties.
- #75: $22 Mini Sunday Million SE, $300k gtd – “Imgeneticist” from China made a deal with Brazilian “jcmspoker” heads-up before finishing first for $33,995.
- #78: $11 PKO Sunday Storm SE, $300k gtd – In this PKO edition of the Storm, “vunopoker” earned $17,705 for first place, plus $9,131 in bounties.
- #81: $22 Mini Sunday Supersonic SE, $100k gtd – “cognosbr” from Brazil turned their $22 buy-in into $20,533, finishing first place after just over 3 hours of play.
- #82: $55 PKO hyper turbo, $200k gtd – “Guialves27” from Brazil finished the evening off with a bang, earning $18,595 for first place, plus $10,822 in bounties.
“GlobalHappiness” from Sweden, “aeon.n00b” from Russia, and “cocojamb0” from Bulgaria were also among those to pick up Summer Series titles this weekend.
The High Roller Club attracts the most talented and successful online poker pros from around the globe. This weekend, top ranked players €urop€an and C. Darwin2 both had huge wins.
Finnish pro Samuel “€urop€an” Vousden already has over $8.6 million in cashes, including Turbo Series, SCOOP and WCOOP titles, and Sunday Million wins. This weekend he took down the HRC Sunday Warm-up, outlasting second place Thomas “WushuTM” Muhlocker to add $27,707 to his lifetime total.
Swedish pro Simon “C .Darwin2” Mattsson found his success in the $2,100 Sunday HR. Mattsson is currently ranked seventh in the world and a regular winner in the HRC. He added $39,772 to his incredible lifetime total of over $15.6 million.
Currently ranked second in the world, Swedish pro Niklas “Lena900” Astedt is nearly always in the thick of the action. This weekend he slogged through the HRC Sunday Marathon, earning $11,752 for first. Missing out on a weekend double (a regular occurance for the player), Astedt also came sixth in the HRC Sunday Warm-up for $7,835.
“MynJoe” from Hungary also added to their string of High Roller results. They took down the $1,050 Sunday Supersonic for $31,345.
Caption: HRC winner Samuel “€urop€an” Vousden talks about getting the most out of poker
Here are the “best of the rest” highlights from the weekend: