It’s been a relaxed, almost lethargic weekend at PokerStars as players gear up for the WCOOP 2020 starting next week. Still, there’s always action to be found at the tables, whether it’s newer players hitting their first big score or experienced masters returning for their weekly pillage of the High Roller Club.
Here are the highlights:
With 9,983 entries, this weekend’s Sunday Million had a $1 million prize pool with over $100k for first. “Iwolfwhite” from the UK was leading when the tourney went on break at the end of Day 1, but missed out on a final table finish after finishing eleventh. Five Brazilian players made the final table, including three that made it to the top four. “lmx1998” from China provided the exception, locking up second place for $76,727.
Daniel “dani aziz” Aziz was the eventual winner. Aziz already has plenty of five figure wins to his name, including recent scores in the HRC, a first place finish in the Mini Thursday Thrill, and a WCOOP special edition Sunday Million ninth place. Now, he is a Sunday Million champion. He’s also $105,728 richer. Nice!
The $530 Bounty Builder HR reached a prize pool of $603,500 from 1,207 entries. “Aleks Better”, one of Russia’s finest players and two time Stadium Series champion, finished in third. Dzmitry “Colisea” Urbanovich from Latvia, an elite player and one of only a few to pick up four WCOOP titles, came second for a total of $54,394.
“luckyman147” from Poland outlasted the field and topped the tough final table. 2020 has already been a fantastic year for the player, who locked up a second place Turbo Series finish and a SCOOP title win worth over $85k. luckyman147 earned $67,592, including $26,396 in bounties.
The medium stakes $55 Mini Bounty Builder HR had a new structure this week and a $250k guarantee to match. 5,381 entries brought the prize pool to over $291k. The top three players were all from the UK. “kevlar1991”, a player with over $700k in online lifetime cashes, scored his biggest ever win on PS, finishing first in the Bounty Builder for $13,551 and $8,540 in bounties. Second place “wozzle9” also did well out of the tourney, earning $13,546 for second, along with $3,809 in bounties.
“Kot_Spartac” was one of the big names to take a major win in the High Roller Club this weekend. The Russian player has over $4.7 million in cashes, including a third place SCOOP Super Tuesday win worth $157k and a recent Winter Series result worth $70k. No stranger to huge wins, Kot_Spartac outlasted fellow Russian “witalii” to take first place in the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown, earning $10,156 and $12,285 in bounties.
Simon “C. Darwin2” Mattsson was back again. We’re almost a bit fed up to be writing his name, but Mattsson keeps coming back to wipe out the competition and claim his weekly HRC title so, although we apologize for the repetition, Mattsson continually proves himself as a top level player. This week, Mattsson took down the $1,050 Sunday Supersonic, earning $20,634 in just 2 hours 20 mins.
Other winners in the HRC this weekend included “ramastar88”, “probirs”, “MAMOHT_T” and “SvZff”.
Elsewhere in this weekend’s major tournaments:
- “Conglomo222” from Argentina scores one of Saturday’s biggest wins. Conglomo222 has final tabled the Sunday Million several times, including a 6th place, 3rd place and 2nd place finish worth a total of over $200k. No Sunday Million win this week, but Conglomo222 scores $7,095, plus X bounties in the Saturday KO.
- “labrujaconi” from Chili won the Sunday Warm-up following a heads-up deal, taking the tourney down for $19,159.
- “KIARI-76” from Belarus, a player who’s already had some success in low stakes MTTs, made a deal with second place “Nugueni” in the Mini Sunday Million, then claimed top spot for $16,476.
- The top three players opted for a deal in the Sunday Storm. “sagen2309” from Peru prevailed, turning their $11 buy-in into $14,163.
- “greenI74” from Canada came first in the Sunday Cooldown for $13,693, picking up an additional $9,994 in bounties along the way.
- Brazilian player “XxJoaoFeraxX” took down the $215 Sunday Supersonic, earning $19,129 in just 2 hours 20 mins.