Italian Supernova Elite Alessandro “aletilter” De Fenza tonight won IPT Sanremo and €105,600, beating two-time IPT runner-up Marcello Miniucchi after a three-way deal. De Fenza, who is a heads-up cash game regular at PokerStars.it, beat a field of 609 players, who had contributed a total of 1,124 entries and €763,196 into the accumulator format Main Event. It was an enormous turnout, about which you can read about here.
Korean player Jae Kyung Sim was the other big winner in the deal and took €75,000. Tour regulars who made the money include UKIPT winner Ludovic Geilich (11th, €8,480), Kitty Kuo (34th, €2,800), Josh Prager (108th, €1,500), Sergio Castelluccio (134th, €1,500) and Team PokerStars Pros Alex Kravchenko (135th,€1,500) and Marcin Horecki (150th, €1,220).
EPT10 Sanremo, event #1
Date: April 9-14, 2014
Players: 1,124 entries
Prize pool: €763,196
1. Alessandro de Fenza, Italy, €105,600*
2. Marcello Miniucchi, Italy, PokerStars player, €95,600*
3. Jae Kyung Sim, Korea, PokerStars player, €75,000*
4. Alex Longobardi, Italy, €43,200
5, Alex Norden, Sweden, €32,900
6. Adel Kabbani, France, €24,200
7. Alessandro Borsa, Italy, PokerStars player, €18,300
8. Fabio Scepi, Italy, PokerStars player, €13,000
For the full list of payouts click here.
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.