There are two types of Brazilian Series of Poker Online players.
Brazilians. And everyone else. The important part is that all are welcome.
That’s the message that goes nicely with the launch of BSOP Online 4, which takes place later this month.
In fact, last time around some 80 per cent of the player who took part were from outside the host nation. This is a truly international event.
As with previous BSOPs, the reasons to play can be stacked about as high as the Christ the Redeemer overlooking Rio de Janiero.
An exaggeration perhaps, but let this list of highlights make the same point…
- 24 tournaments across six solid days of poker, with full details of the schedule available from next week.
- A total guaranteed prize pool of US $1,515,000 million — the biggest ever prize pool for a BSOP series.
- A two-day Main Event starting on Sunday March 28, with a new $400K guarantee and a $215 buy-in. AND… registration will stay open until the start of Day 2.
- Other highlights are the High Roller (US$ 90k GTD), Mini Main Event (US$ 115k GTD) and the Start-Up (US$ 60K GTD).
- Satellites galore to get you a seat for a fraction of the price, starting on Wednesday March 17.
The Big Hit tournament made its debut in the last edition of the BSOP online with a US$ 11 buy-in and five initial flights.
The field of 11,417 entries broke the record for the biggest field in BSOP history. And now it’s back! With a US$ 80.000 GTD prize pool to give that record a run for its money.
The whole BSOP Online 4 starts on Wednesday March 24, concluding on Monday March 29
And those are just the headlines.
Main event qualifiers will get a taste of the PokerStars exclusive service with free merchandise.
And if you win won of the 24 tournaments planned, you’ll get a specially designed trophy hand delivered to your door.
That’s a permanent reminder of your success, fit to adorn any mantel piece.
The buy-ins start small and end big. That means there’s something for players of every bankroll. And that’s before you factor in the satellites.
Tournaments will start at $11 going all the way up to the $530 for the High Roller event.
And the guaranteed prize pool of more than $1.5m is up 23% on last time around (for all the accountants out there).
So, if you’re already starting to think of all things Brazilian, put next Wednesday in the diary. That’s when the full schedule will be released, as well as satellites to each of the 24 BSOP Online 4 events.