This past week saw the ‘PokerStars LIVE Macau’ poker room complete the tenth edition of the ACOP Platinum Series from July 21-28. The eight-day series had 8 Official Asia Player of the Year (APOY) events which, in total, drew 992 players and awarded HK$3,475,588 million in prize money – both of which are new highs for the Asia Championship of Poker’s spin-off series.
The HK$5,500 Main Event was won by Japan’s Tokuho Yoshinaga who defeated the 252-player field in the two-day event.
In total, 27 players cashed for a share of the HK$1,136,646 prize pool including Celina Lin who bubbled the Main Event final table – where she finished in 10th place – but the Team PokerStars also came in 5th place in the HK$1,000 Pot Limit Omaha side event. The result gave Lin a personal milestone with 30 career final tables in APOY events and further extends her all-time lead in that category.
FINAL TABLE RESULTS
1. Tokuho Yoshinaga (Japan) — HK$272,946
2. James Goodman (UK) — HK$176,200
3. Gareth Griffths (Hong Kong) — HK$113,700
4. Nan Tu (China) — HK$90,900
5. Zhanfeng Wu (China) — HK$71,600
6. Chuan Hong Li (Hong Kong) — HK$56,800
7. Daniel Ropski (Hong Kong) — HK$45,500
8. Sam Cheong (Macau) — HK$36,900
9. Xiabo Huang (China) — HK$28,400
For complete results from the ACOP Platinum Series please visit: psta.rs/ACOPPS10-results
2015 Asia Player of the Year rankings can be found here: psta.rs/2015APOYrankings
The next special event at PokerStars LIVE Macau is Macau Poker Cup 23 which takes place from August 28 – September 13 and features the HK$12,000 Red Dragon Main Event which comes with a HK$5 million prize pool guarantee.