The final table of IPT Campione begins today with Austrian Ivo Donev, an EPT regular, among the final eight. Romanian Alain Medesan, a final tablist at EPT Snowfest, is the player going into the final table with the shortest stack. His 421,000 way behind chip leader Fabrizio Ortolomo's 1,597,000 stack.
Ortolomo is in pole position to take home the first prize of CHF170,000 (approx $178,000). You can follow the updates, albeit in Italian, at the Italian PokerStars Blog.
The final table
1. Zeng Zhiping, 38, China - 739,000
2. Fabrizio Ortolomo, 27, Castellammare di Stabia, Italy - 1,597,000
3. Iacopo Brandi, 26, Florence, Italy - 970,000
4. Manlio Iemina, 31, Mondovì (Cuneo), Italia - 665,000
5. Ivo Donev, 52, Austria - 800,000
6. Alain Medesan, 36, Romania - 421,000
7. Paolo Compagno, 37, Italy - 976,000
8. Stefano Terziani, 29, Scandicci (Firenze), Italy - 883,000
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.