Belgian Team PokerStars Pro Matthias De Meulder (one half of the De Meulder twins) yesterday won event #15 at EPT London. De Meulder has scored a few results of late and came close to a trophy last month at EPT Deauville. He finished third in that event for a decent payday but yesterday's trophy win (in the more lucrative British sterling) should help erase any frustration from that bronze finish.
Settling for 3rd this time around was Swede Eddie Tasbas who has impressed on tour but is yet to make a truly deep run. He's scored two 34th and one 31st place finishes in Main Events. Tasbas is certainly one to watch.
EPT9 London, event #15
Date: 14 March 2013
Game: NLHE 8-handed (30m levels)
Prize pool: £74,690
1. Matthias De Meulder, Belgium, Team PokerStars Pro, £22,580
2. Rameev Sergey, Russia, £20,000
3. Eddie Tasbas, Sweden, £9,710
4. Georges Tohme, UK, £7,100
5. Marcin Wydrowski, Poland, £5,215
6. Paul Nunes, UK, £3,735
7. Samuel Lindberg, Sweden, £3,360
8. Konstantin Puchkov, Russia, £2,990
Rick Dacey is staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.